Sept 25th at 12 Northport Plaza from 10a-12
*must have completed guardian consent form
Fluoride Varnish – A Smile Saver
What is fluoride varnish?
· It is fluoride in a resin or polyurethane base (varnish)
How is it applied?
· It is painted on the teeth with a small disposable brush
Why is it used?
· It is used to prevent cavities & even reverse the damage of an area of a tooth where a cavity is just beginning to form
Who should get fluoride varnish?
· Anyone who is at risk for getting tooth decay. Some risk factors for tooth decay are:
1. Has had tooth decay already (1 or more cavities)
2. Has white spots on teeth
3. Has a parent with a history of tooth decay (cavities, filled or unfilled)
4. Has unlimited access to drinking liquids other than water (soda, sports drinks, Kool-aid, juice, milk)
5. Is a person with disabilities
Fluoride varnish is both safe & beneficial for all ages (infants, toddlers, children, teens & adults)
Please download, fill out and return the guardian consent form first!